Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 13

Tuesday, Oct 19th, Day 13-
Today was so good. Jed had a good night's sleep and did great in therapy. He walked with assistance to balance with just the cane :) His walking is looking better everyday. He's still struggling to get that foot up with his stride. He can only move his leg when he walks though so its still hard for him to do a lot of things. His Occupational therepay is the tough one. His arm is getting a little better everyday but its very little. They told us the arm is kind of the last thing to come so we're trying to be patient and stay positive. Jed is keeping a great attitude and works hard to try to move it. He says it like staring at your fingernail and telling it to move. I couldn't imagine how strange and difficult that would be. What a trooper he is. His emotional control is getting better- he only cried twice today! And its not out loud, its just kind of silent. One was when the therapist asked him how long we've been married. He can never answer that question without crying. The other was when we found out my sister Toniann had her baby and that it was a healthy baby girl. His hero from the Bureau, Mr. Porter came by and visited him again and Jed loved loved it so much. Thats really nice of him to come by when he's so busy. We were able to take Jed out again today, I have volleyball games that I play in every Tuesdays that Jed always goes to. He missed last weeks of course although he made me go. Not even the best sport in the world was fun without Jed there. I think he thought it would help me feel better if I played but it was kind of just torture being away from him. So he came to my games tonight and I think he really had a good time. I wore my spandex per his request :) Then we went to Cafe Rio after with both our parents, my brother Trevor and his wife Misty, and Jed's brother Jason. It felt like life was normal for a minute as we sat there eating and laughing and having a good time. It was weird that he was going to have to go back to the hospital after :( He looked so cute tonight and he is looking and acting more and more like himself everyday.

2 comments:

  1. My Sweet Missy! I just wanted you to know that I am thinking and praying for you always! I know that if anyone could handle this like rockstars...it would be you and Jed. Love you so much!

    -Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. We found out about your trial through Jed's brother, Jason. Our thoughts and prayers are with your sweet family. May you be blessed with a speedy and full recovery!
    The Huish Family

    ReplyDelete