Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 12

Monday, October 18th, day 12-
I stayed with Jed last night and it was a rough one. I think he only got about 4 hours of sleep. The medication they are giving him makes him have bad dreams and it wakes him up. Plus, he can't turn on his side by himself so he needs help just to turn in bed. He had a good day today though. I think I finally fell asleep at 6 am and at 8:30 Jed said good morning honey! We went to PT and Jed used the cane to walk and needed help balancing from behind. He is advancing everyday with his walking! He had Speech therepy and was being silly. Some of the questions they ask in there are pretty stupid. One of them was a picture of a person chasing a bus. The therapist asked Jed, "do you know why she is chasing the bus?" Jed said, "to tell him that the town is that way" (from Dumb and Dumber) I laughed and I don't know if the girl got it. But thats an example of the silly things he always does. Which is so good for me to see that he's still Jed. He's not totally back yet but he's close. I'd say he's maybe in St. George right now. He also kicked butt in OT and got that shoulder to move a little! He still has such a positive attitude and wants to go home so bad. He asked me today with tears in his eyes if I thought he'd be out of here by our 5 year anniversary, which is November 18th. I told him at the rate he's going and how hard he's working he might be out of here by Halloween! I'm so so proud of him.

1 comment:

  1. Tell Jed to stop by while he's here in St George! Haha! We'll give him a little push on his way home! You guys are awesome & inspiring! I love that you have made this all a positive experince & all the growth that you have & will recieve from it! Keep going Jed!!

    ReplyDelete