Thursday, Oct 14th, Day 8-
I can't believe it has been a week since Jed's surgery! It seriously feels like its been at least a month. All the days seem to be all blurred together. But I can't believe how far Jed has come in just a week! He is doing SOO much better than he was a week ago and we are seeing a little progression everyday. He rocked it in PT today and was doing so good on the bars that she moved him to the walker. He tore it up! Its a good thing Jed has worked out his whole life and is used to the gym atmosphere and working hard. Its really helping him and he is never ready to stop when the session ends. He says swear words when he's doing therapy which is so weird for me to hear but he's entitled to it, even though he can't control it. OT was a little better today and he was able to move his arm a little with the help of a massager ball. He gets anxiety at Speech Therapy because he hates tests and is worried about failing them. He still doesn't have control over his emotions so its still hard on him, although its getting a lot better. I'm starting to see my Jed more and more. I think he's in Kansas or something close to that. A little closer everyday! The thing I'm struggling with most right now is balancing my time between my husband and my son. I feel anxiety when I leave Jed but excitement that I'm going to see Ammon, and sadness when I leave Ammon but anticipation that I'm going to see Jed. No matter who I'm with I always miss the other. Jed has been understanding when I have to leave, but I spend most the day with him and some of the nights as well. I'm worried that Ammon doesn't understand and my biggest worry is that he thinks I don't love him. He is with my parents so it helps to know he's in good hands and has fun there. I just pray that Jed can get better soon and that we can be our own little family again. I've already almost forgotten what that feels like, I can't believe its only 1 week!
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment