Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 6

Tuesday, Oct 12th, Day 6-
Today was good. We moved to the 12th floor for Rehab and will stay here until Jed recovers. We really like it here and heard it is "the place where miracle happen." Jed's next door neighbor came by and said hi. His name is Christian. He looks like he's in his late 20's. He was in a really bad mountain biking accident and broke his neck. He is a quadrapolegic, but you would never have known that because he was moving his arms and his legs. He has only been here for 5 weeks and is already walking. That is truly a miracle. It really gave Jed hope to see someone that was worse off than him doing so well in such a short period of time. They said they think we will be here 2-3 weeks depending on how well Jed does. When the Phys. Therapist was in, Jed moved his foot a little so we were way excited! Jed was kind of down before I was about to leave to go home and I felt bad leaving him when he was low in spirits. My uncle Ken called as I was pulling out and asked if he could see Jed. I told him that would be great- he could really use some words of comfort and encouragement. My uncle texted me later that the visit went well and that he thinks Jed is doing better. Jed called me and told me he was feeling better and that Ken was a good man. I was grateful that he followed the spirit and visited Jed, he really needed it. Today was also the first day I was finally able to eat something compared to only being able to have a couple bites of something. I have really had a hard time eating through this all because I just can't eat when I'm sick with worry, and honestly food just has no taste right now. But seeing Jed's little progresses everyday is helping so much. I think he's back on Earth again- just not in the United States yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment