Wednesday, Oct 20, Day 14-
Wow, it has been a week today that Jed started rehab- and I am amazed at how far he's come. He walked up a whole flight of stairs and down with hardly any help, and his walking is looking better and better. He still uses the cane and the therapist holds his belt, but his balance is looking better and his foot is picking up more. He kind of felt pretty discouraged in OT because his arm isn't moving like his leg is. They can't tell us if it will return or not but Jed and I are trying so hard to hold on to that hope. Hope- is my favorite word I decided. It has so much power and influence that I never knew until now. If I ever start to lose hold of it I can tell, and it feels terrible. What keeps my hope alive when I feel it start to fade- is faith. I have faith that everything happens for a reason and so does Jed- we had a good talk about that tonight during our family scripture study. We have had so many blessings and miracles during this trial and He's not going to abandon us now.. "Hope and faith cannot exist without the other" I never understood that scripture until now. I always thought they were they same thing, but I have learned how different they are. Tonight we also read one of my favorite scriptures in Prov 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to thine own understanding. Acknowedge Him in all thy ways, and He shall direct thy paths."
Today was special because it was just Jed and me. We have had so much support that someone else is usually here, which we absolutely love- but it was nice to just have time together alone. We had a little nap together, and then I took Jed down to the cafeteria and we had dinner together and then watched a movie. It was the new Karate Kid, Jed was so cute he cried a lot thru it :) He said it motivated him and is ready for tomorrow! Thanks for kicking Jed out of St. George Bonnie! I think he's to Filmore maybe, he acted so Jed today. Its still really hard for him to focus sometimes, but he really is doing so great and I see it get better everyday. We also had some good news today- that they think that Jed will be able to walk on his own by next week and if so we will go home on Tuesday. Jed wants to go home so bad- and I can't wait till our little family can be together again. Then a Home Care called Rehab Without Walls is going to come to our house and work with Jed almost everyday! It will be more one on one, more hours, and they specialize in brain related rehab. The biggest blessing of it all is that its unusual for insurance to cover this but another tender mercy- ours does. The only thing that would have made this day better is if I had my little Ammon with me :( I haven't seen him since this morning and I'm spending the night with Jed so I can't wait to see him tomorrow....
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your so amazing and strong Missy! I cant imagine what your going through. We are thinking of you and your cute family your in our prayers. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updates Missy. We love you guys so much. I'm on my last night in Boston then I get home to the family about midnight on Friday/Saturday. Your blogs are very touching and inspiring and I look forward to each one. I appreciate your faith and hope. :-)
ReplyDelete