Monday, Oct 11th, Day 5-
Today was going good at first. Jed was able turn in bed on his own and shows more strength everyday. When the physical therapist was in, Jed's legs showed some resistance with him so we were way excited! He also laughed for the 1st time, it was actually at himself. He's been funny through all this and still does voice inpersonations. His nurses name is Cindy and he said
"I like you Cindy" like Arnold on Kindergarten Cop. (Except kind of monotone) Also, whenever they give him his medicine he always says "Pills are good!" from Dumb and Dumber. He is a little more himself today too. Then the surgeon came in and told Jed he was going to have him go to the 12th floor for rehab on Tuesday and doesn't see any reason why he shouldn't regain movement on that left side again. We asked him if he knew the results of the type of tumor yet and he looked it up on the computer to see if it was posted yet. He read it and said "Looks like it was a Grade 2 Astrocytoma. You will need to follow up with us in a couple of weeks and we'll have watch it." And then started to walk out. Jed and I were both really scared and asked him what that meant. He said that it wasn't a 3, 4, or 5, and that was what is really bad. And then he left. Jed told me he was scared and I tried to comfort him while I myself was ready to throw up. I of course looked it up on the computer and was not comforted with what I found. Jed's slow recovery was enough for me to handle that I didn't think I could take anything else. I went outside in the hall and then got a unknown phone call. It was the Head Guy in charge at the Bureau. He asked about Jed and I told him what we had just found out. He told me not to worry and that a lot of prayers were being said for Jed. That he was able to meet with him before the surgery at work and was so impressed with him. And that if anyone could get through this that it was Jed. He asked when would be a good time to come see him and I told him Sunday would be great. After I hung up with him I went and told Jed about it and I think it cheered him up. It made me feel better, it was really good timing when he called. I decided that I was just going to focus on Jed getting better right now and that I'll deal with that if I have to later on. When I remember all of the blessings that Jed has been given, it gives me comfort and reminds me that he is in the Lord's hands and to trust Him.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment