Wednesday, October 13, 2010
"Thy Faith Shall Make Thee Whole"
On September 6th, we were at a family reunion in Pinto, Utah (near Enterprise) when Jed had his 3rd and by far, scariest seizure. It was a Sunday, and we were having our own little testimony meeting out on the lawn at the reunion. This particular meeting was special to us because Jed and I were really feeling really uneasy about the future, but the things that people said in their testimonies really helped us feel peace and we felt God's love for us so much. I bore mine and Jed got up after me. I think it was only his 2nd time since we've been married bearing his testimony at the reunion so I think he was extra nervous, but he bore the most beautiful testimony and the spirit was so strong. He told me that he was going to be ok, and talked about God's love for us. He paused, and then before he ended, told the men to always honor the priesthood and be worthy to hold it, because you never know when your going to need to heal someone. He closed and the sat down next to me. I was telling him what a good job he did, when I noticed that something was not right. His eyes were rolling to the back of his head, his jaw was flexing forward, and he was started to slightly shake. Although I'd never seen one, I knew immediately he was having a seizure. I started saying his name louder and louder and my family was sitting by us and quickly took him and laid him on his side. Before they laid him down the seizure was really getting intense and I will never forget his face and how bad it scared me. They layed Jed on his side and at that point he had completely stopped breathing and was starting to turn dark blue. I was immediately being held and hugged by my sisters, cousins, and Grandma and Mom as I realized I was crying hysterically and that I wasnt the only one. I could see the panic in their eyes of the people surrounding him. My uncle Ken who has worked in the ER for years said he's seen many seizures but never one that scary where he himself thought that Jed might not make it if he didn't breathe soon. The priesthood holders immediately surrounded him, laid their hands upon him and my uncle Ken, who is also a stake president, commanded Jed to breath. He immediately breathed. I was able to go to him once the seizure had stopped and I Jed held him and cried. Although it was THE scariest moment of my whole life, where I had thought for a few moments that I just lost my husband, it was an amazing experience to see someone's faith in the priesthood make them whole. Jed is an incredible guy and I admire his faith so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment