Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 9

Friday, Oct 15th, Day 9-
Today was another good day. Jed did so good on the walker that they moved him to the hemi-walker, which means half a walker. So he only uses support on his right side. I can't believe how fast he is progressing with his legs! His arms are seeing a little improvement as well but a lot slower and its a lot harder for Jed. But we've seen a little improvement everyday. Jed's getting better with doing more things himself and getting good at using his right side. They say its kind of a good thing he's left handed, because it will force his body to use it. But right now its really hard for him to to the simple things that we take for granted everyday. Jed always talks about how much this experience has changed his life. He will never take any thing for granted again- and when he gets better he wants to try and do so many things. Since the weather's been so nice we've been able to go outside and get some fresh air. Jed has really enjoyed that. I forgot to mention that since we moved to rehab Jed has wanted to watch Nacho Libre everyday. I don't know what it is about that movie that is so funny but it makes me happy to see him laugh.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear things are getting better! also glad to be able to read about it on your blog!! Keep up the good work Jed! It was good to some some pictures of you and your family. :) I TOTALLY get Nacho Libre my friend!! It is hilarious and my boys and I recite lines from that poem all the time! Who could forget, "No whey! Those things are my favorite things every dhay." haha Love Jack Black. Love you guys more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think the last time I saw Jed he was in a walker, a baby walker, but whatever. Glad to hear you're doing so good. I'll try to come up and see you when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that he is doing so well. He's a fighter. It was good seeing him last week. He is a GREAT guy. I have always admired and looked up to him. I would like to come visit again and bring him some pizza or something. Are the visitor's only allowed to visit on Sunday still?

    I don't blame him for wanting to watch the best movie ever mad, Nacho Libre. It never gets old.

    Brandon Mears

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you Jed and Missy and pray for you daily. I wanted to call and see if I could stop by Sunday on my way to the airport but left late from church. I thought of you as I drove by anyway! Thank you for the updates on your blog.
    - Dennis (and family)

    ReplyDelete