Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 15,16, & 17

Monday, Oct 25, Day 17-
We had such a great weekend!! Jed is just tearing it up in therapy. He can walk all by himself with no cane and support! This morning he got out of bed this morning and came and kissed me while I was sleeping and said "Good morning sweetie" He's such a cutie. But when the Dr found out that he was walking around on his own he really scolded Jed and told him he needs to use the cane with someone always next to him for the next week or so. The last thing we want is to have him fall and hit his head or break a bone, so we understand. Jed is just really anxious to be all better and back to normal. His balance and focus still need practice. They are teaching him to do things with one hand until he gets his left arm working again. He can completely dress himself from top to shoes all by himself and can button up a dress shirt and tie a tie all one handed! It is not easy what he's going thru, he has his moments where he says- this really sucks. But most of the time he has a positive attitude and is willing to do whatever it takes to get better and stronger. It's a good thing that he's worked out so faithfully for the last 10 years cause that habit and routine is helping him do so well in therapy and it helps that his right side is strong already to do what the left side can't. On Sunday we went to a 30 minute sacrament meeting in the hospital and Jed really loved it. He said thats how all sacrament meetings should be- short and sweet and just a half an hour :) The BYU young ambassadors came to our floor and sang some beautiful hymns that evening. Jed was so touched and was trying so hard to control the crying. I think he used up the whole box of tissues. But I think everyone in the gathering room was crying so no one would have noticed- it was very spiritual. The songs we heard were " I Need Thee Every Hour", "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "I am a Child of God". And to end the night Jed wiggled his toes on his left foot! We were so excited! Now if he could just wiggle those fingers! Today went great- I don't know if I mentioned this before but we get to go home tomorrow! (Tuesday) I can't describe how happy we are to go home. I never knew how much I loved our little apartment until all of this. It really makes you appreciate all the stupid things you took for granted. It feels better than Christmas Eve tonight.

3 comments:

  1. So wonderful that Jed is improving so much! How exciting that he gets to go home today too! Such good news. Jed has been in our prayers and will continue to be in them, you've been in our prayrs too. Good luck! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jed I was just looking at pics from your surgery. I used to work at IMC in surgery with the neurosurgeons. I'm not sure who your Dr was but they are all great there and I'm sure they did a really good job. The staff and Drs are all really good at their jobs. To bad it wasn't when I was working! Hope you continue to improve! Melinda Holden (VanValkenburg)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are so proud of Jed! this is the first of many, many good things to come! we love you!
    shannon & andrew crawford

    ReplyDelete