Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 3

Saturday, Oct 9th, Day 3-
We got moved to the 14th floor today and are so happy to be out of the ICU. Hopefully Jed will have a better sleep not being hooked to all the moniters and having an IV in. The view in our room is beautiful and overlooks the Wasatch Mountains. Jed's doing a little better today, he has more strength and can stay sitting up for just a little bit. He can't turn in bed without help and can't do a lot on his own yet. He's still very emotional and still doesn't look like himself yet, but looks a little better compared to yesterday. He has had a lot of visitors and is touched everytime someone comes. We can't believe how much support we have recieved from our family, friends and his work and its been fun to meet a lot of his co workers. One of his hero's from the bureau, Ken Porter, came by, and it just made Jed's day. He was very very emotional when he saw him but he kind of started to make more progress after that visit. It kind of ignited him.
The surgeon still can't understand no movement and says if he doesn't see improvement we will be going to rehab. He still has some anxiety and they gave him something to help which caused him to have really crazy dreams and to be confused between dreaming and real life. I stayed with him that night and he told me he had a confession- I thought maybe I was finally going to get some dirt on him! He told me he lives other secret lives as a pilot and a bus driver. He also thought we were jumping through different time era's and thought we were in the 20's, that he was 80 years old, that he was wearing a woman's dress, and he woke me up once telling me he was in the cockpit ready to fly. It was another long and interesting night. I think I've cried so much that I can't cry anymore. It feels like my husband went on a trip to another planet and hasn't come back to Earth yet. I really miss him so much and hope he comes back to me soon. They told us that his brain is really swollen and that with the combination of the trauma of the surgery and meds that it will take some time before he is with it again. Patience is not my favorite virtue...

No comments:

Post a Comment