Well it's been over a month since our last post, but a lot of good things have happened for us this month. I'm sorry this is such a long post, but it really has been an eventful month!
Jed got his driving priveledges back the middle of February! He drives great and takes himself to and from the bus to work. I am one happy camper! I'm pretty sure he is too :) The following week he was discharged from therapy!! He isn't 100% yet but they felt they had done as much as they could, and the rest is up to him to keep working at it. We were really happy with the discharge for a number of reasons, a couple of them being that our copay was $75 a day, and also it freed up Jed so he could go back to work every day. So he's going about 30 hours a week now and will gradually get back up to 40. We loved all the therapists there and Jed will miss them. We also had another miracle the day Jed was discharged and truly are continiuously amazed at the Lord's hand in our lives. As I mentioned before, the copay was $75 a day. Jed has been going 2 times a week since November. So we had a pretty high bill. We went to the financial manager to see if we could do a payment plan. After just chatting with her a couple of minutes, she told us to rip up the bill and that she would write it off. ... Wow... I think Jed and I simultaniously teared up when she told us. We hugged her and thanked her, and thanked our Heavenly Father that night for touching her heart.
The other great thing this month is that we got a house! We decided that we would start looking once Jed was done with therapy. We didn't think we would find The One so soon! We move in in two weeks! It's a cute little house in Herriman/borderline Riverton. Actually it's not so little compared to our apartment, I don't think we're going to know what to do with more than one bathroom! Ha ha. It's kind of a long story, but we were definately lead to this house and we know that this is where we're supposed to be. We have been in awe at the tender mercies of the Lord. I read a great scripture tonight in Mosiah 24:14 "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will i do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that he may know of a surety that I, the Lord, do visit my people in their afflictions." I felt so touched when I read that and knew that He is the same God yesterday, today, and tomorrow. And that the things we read in the Book of Mormon and scriptures apply to us today so much.
The last good thing of this month is that I got a job! I was working before and then took a leave when Jed had his surgery. While I was gone, my position and another position was combined into one since it was so slow. So my job was no longer there. I wasn't sad about it though, because I had felt that it wasn't meant to be anymore before I found out. I just trusted everything would work out, and was happy to be home with Ammon all the time, instead of worrying about going back since it would have to be full time. But it didn't take long for me start looking again for something just part time. It's just how I am, I have to get out and socialize with grown ups and get away at least 1 or 2 times a week. (Although I adore my little guy). Plus I love to learn new things and meet new people and keep my identity ;) Anyway, I found a medical office not too far away from our new house that was looking for an administrative assistant just 2 days a week! I applied, interviewed, and was offered and accepted the job as of last Friday. So I start this week and Jed's mom is going to watch Ammon, which she is really excited about.
So that was our month. I'd say besides Ammon getting really sick with this dang virus that is going around and Jed is just starting to get it, it's been a very special month for us. Jed is still continuing to heal. He is probably 80% back physically. Still working on coordination and shoulder, wrist, and elbow movements. SO SO proud of him. He works so hard, and doesn't miss a day at the gym 6 times a week. Ammon is cuter than ever and we are in awe that he's really our son! He will be turning 2 in a couple of weeks! Crazy! Thank you again everyone that has shown so much support to us. I really have appreciated the comments, suggestions, and advise.We will continue to keep you updated with Jed's progress and Dr appt's. If you are ever going through a trial, please stop and look for the tender mercies of the Lord. Even though He still lets you go through hard things He does so many things to show you that He loves you and is there for you. I can testify of that. Love you all!
Missy
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Missy. I'm so glad things are going well for you. I would love to see some pictures of this new house if you get the chance. And congrats on getting that job so quickly. You truly are blessed.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear things are going well! How exciting about the new job and new house! Thanks for posting that scripture. It touched me and was something I needed to hear right now. I hope it continues to look up for you guys!
ReplyDeleteGreat update! How wonderful that it is all working out so nicely fo ryou guys! You totally deserve it!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!!!!! Is really all that I can say. And yay! Loved the post, LOVED the scripture, love how happy you guys are! And I LOVE YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteThe Lord has certainly Blessed you guys so much! Jed, you will always be an inspiration for me. As a matter of fact, the day that I found out that your were still working out, I told myself that if Jed can get up and work out everyday, why the heck can't I! I have lost 16 pounds in the last two months and I am striving to look as ripped ad you do! let me know when you start P90X and I will be right there with ya! Missy, you are such an awesome person. I hope to be able to meet you one day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! I am so proud of you Missy and how strong you are! You have a darling family and I'm so glad to hear things are going better all the time! We keep you in our thought and prayers! Love you Cous!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much everyone! I'm so lucky to have such great family and friends! I appreciate the comments :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with all of us all or your struggles and triumphs! You guys truly are so inspiring to us and so many people!! I am so excited for you about your house! Now we have no excuse not to get together since you guys will live closer to us! YAY!! :)
ReplyDelete