Thursday, January 13, 2011

1 down- over 100 to go!

Well GOOD NEWS everyone! The MRI came back and it looked great- no sign of the tumor! We were so relieved and happy. But I thought that last night I would feel good after the appt went so well, but all I could think about was the next one in 3 months and getting nervous all over again. We both were so scared waiting in there for the doctor and as we were holding hands we could feel eachothers hearts beating. The surgeon said that we'll watch it every 3 months this year, and then every 6 months for the rest of Jed's life. I'm having a really difficult time with this right now because its so scary every time, and I don't know how I'm going to deal with this the rest of my life. I will have to find some way to cope and stay calm or I will be a stress basket! I looked up natural ways to heal or prevent cancer and got even more overwhelmed by all the things you need to do, and how everything we eat and drink are are so bad for us. There's so many different things to do and I wish I knew which one works! We went to the health food store and got some things, and got even more discouraged with how exspensive everything was. The only thing that gives me comfort is just remembering to trust in the Lord. I just have to remember that we are in His hands- but there are times when the thought of the tumor coming back is too much to bear and I feel like crumbling into pieces.

Sorry- I know this is supposed to be a happy post and we're really trying to stay positive. We're so grateful for Jed's progress and the doc is confident in Jed that he'll have a complete or near complete recovery on his left side.
Some of the new things he is doing is jumping, not as high as before but looking so good! He also is starting to throw now, which also isn't like his normal throw but he's able to release the ball, which is so great since he used to have to pry his fingers open after gripping something. His shoulder is getting more movement and the therapist said that the strength and balance in his legs is completely back- it just has some flexers that won't let him do certain things. They said to keep working at it. He can also type with both hands but very slow. It takes a lot of concentration to move each finger, but its so exciting! The doctor told Jed that he sees the most success in patients that work hard and exercise- which Jed has been doing, and we're seeing little things everday! It's also a good thing that he's left handed so that he's kind of forces to use it again. I can't tell you enough how proud of him I am. He is a rock, and we realized that he has kind of preparing his whole life for this trial. He has been a gym guru as long as I've known him and knows how to work hard, and is very knowledgable with the muscles in the body and what work outs and weights help strengthen the things he needs.

Thank you everyone so much for your prayers- I just can't thank you enough. If there's anyone that is need of prayers from us, please let us know. We know that prayers are answered and want to repay as many people as possible that have kept us in their prayers. And thank you to those that have given us suggestions for natural cures. We are going to look into all of them and appreciate as many success stories as possible! Thank you and God bless!
-Missy

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You are so awesome Missy and I am excited for Jed to become whole again! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete