hey folks!
its me Jed! I figure i should drop in a few lines and very few it will be, because i am using my right hand only to type. I just want to express my love to all those who have sent so much love and support. This has been very hard on me and Missy. We have felt so much comfort from our Father in Heaven and the Savior Jesus Christ. Its amazing what trials we face in this life. I never expected one like this,yet Missy and I have never felt so close to the savior.in fact, one of my good friends visited us in the hospital and called Missy later and said he hadn't stopped crying since he had left the hospital, because he could feel God's presence with us in our room. The savior was and still is with us. (Missy is going to write for me now) There would be times when I would feel so down and lonely and all I would have to do is look at the picture on my wall of the Savior holding a lamb in his arms so carefully and caring and I felt as if he was holding me. This experience has also helped me realize how much I love Missy. This has been really rough on her, and especially rough on me to see her have to see me like this. One thing I've been focusing on is something that Elder Richard G. Scott once said- that instead of asking why me? or what did I do wrong or do to deserve this? Ask- What is it that I need to learn from this? Or who's life will be touched because of this? This concept from Elder Scott has helped me immensely. I still don't know what it is that I'm supposed to learn but I have grown a deep appreciation and understanding of the atonement of Jesus Christ, that I would not have if this trial hadn't of happened to me. I've also noticed that it seems like I can see people through the Saviors eyes. And I know that God loves his children no matter what and that the Savior knows each and everyone of us. He knows exactly what our pain is, what we are thinking, and what we are going through. I don't know how exactly, but I do know He loves his children. I hope everyone knows how much their love, support and prayers have meant to me and to Missy. Missy had done an incredible job with this blog and i hope to do my part as well. I sincerely thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, and concerns, and please know that God hears you, I promise.
Love, Jed
Monday, November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jed you have definitely been an inspiration to me & my family! I think my kids have been very touched as they continue to pray & fast for you! You both have been so positive through all of this & that is a feat all its own! Keep up the good work & we look forward to seeing you fully recovered!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting this Jed (and Missy!)... it was exactly what I needed to hear today. You are touching so many lives with your strength and convictions, you guys are such an example and inspiration to me! So happy to hear of your progress... keep kickin' butt!!
ReplyDelete